Embossed number plate in Nepal, How to apply Embossed Number Plate, Price and Where to apply ? Requirements to apply Embossed Number plates??
Embossed Number Plate is a High-Security Vehicle Number Plate based on high-security computerized technology that would help to protect vehicles from being stolen and locate them in case of accidents too. It will have a chip connected with a GPS system of a vehicle.
The Department of Transport Management (DoTM) has requested everyone to apply for embossed number plates in Nepal in order to make the vehicles technology-friendly and to protect them from being stolen.
The department said that the embossed number plate system has been in implementation from 2077/04/01 and targets to fix all the vehicles in the country over the next five years.
What is the Embossed number plate ?
Embossed number plate consists of English Characters which is separated on the basis of Vehicle Lot Code, State No. Vehicle Type and Vehicle Number.
It contains digitally signature of the authority. The plate also contains all the information about the owner and the vehicle status.
Lets see the example below :
Why to apply for Embossed number plate in Nepal ?
There are mainly these advantages when you use the Embossed Number Plates:
- The embossed number plates in Nepal will help keep a digital record of vehicles.
- The plates come with a radio-frequency identification system, that would reveal the model and manufacturer’s and user’s name
- The radio-frequency identification system also tracks the movement of vehicles.
- In case of theft, it can easily be found.
What are the requirements to get embossed Number in Plate from DoTM ?
- Blue Book Page 1
- Blue Book Page 2
- Annual Tax Clearance Receipt
- Online Application Form Copy
- Copy of Citizenship/ Passport
- Copy of Money Deposited Voucher
What are the charges for replacing the Embossed Number plate in Nepal?
|Motor Cycle||Rs. 2500|
|Three Wheelers||Rs. 2900|
|Four Wheelers||Rs. 3200|
|Heavy Vehicles||Rs. 3600|
Where to apply for Embossed number according to vehicle Type?
|Two-Wheelers (Motor Cycle)||Gurjudhara, Kathmandu|
|Three and Four-wheelers||Teku, Kathmandu|
|Heavy Vehicles||Ekantakuna, Lalitpur|
|Government Vehicles||Minbhawan, Kathmandu|
Steps to apply for Embossed number plate in Nepal :
- Go to the DOTM website i.e www.dotm.gov.np
- On the right side there is the important links section. Click on Embossed Number Plate Pranali. Click on 3rd option for Online application
- Now Click on “Get Started.”
Complete your application for a new Embossed Number Plate by following the steps now
- Enter your Vehicle Information i.e Registration Number and Registration Date
- Enter your mobile number
- Once you fill up the number click on Send SMS. You will receive a code on that phone via SMS. Enter the verification code and click on continue.
- If the code is correct it will bring up a field to enter your email address. Now, Enter your Email Address. This is optional.
- This will bring up the application data entry screen with the Registration number and Registration date already filled in an unchangeable.
- The first tab is for the vehicle information. You will need to fill the information according to the bluebook.
- Now in the next tab there’s the place to enter Owner Information: There are two types of owners. i.e Individual and Organization. Fill out that information
- Clicking on the “Next” button again will take you to the Submit screen where you can check the information you have entered before clicking on the “Submit” button located on the top right corner.
- Finally, Download the Application form and submit that downloaded form to Transportation Office.
- At this point, if you feel that the information you have provided needs correction, in which case you will need to click on the “Apply Again” button. This will cancel the current application and open the form in editable mode. Correct the information as required by editing it and submit by downloading and printing the application again.
- Once done, you may click the “Exit” link on the top right to exit.