Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular SUV in the market. It has been around for more than 18 years, which is a long time to survive in our competitive market. Mahindra Scorpio is a mid-size SUV manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra since 2002. The Scorpio was conceptualized and designed by the in-house integrated design and manufacturing team of Mahindra.
Mahindra was known to make modified models of jeeps in India. One day, they decided to an urban SUV that could meet the global standards. Many people said that is wasn’t an easy task because they had no any prior experience in making these types of vehicle. However, their vision and ambition was big. They started the Scorpio project in 1996 with Pawan Goenka and Alan Durante leading the project. It took 120 people, 19 teams,75 prototype to make Mahindra Scorpio.
The major parts were designed directly by suppliers but Mahindra gave its input on the design, budget, and performance specification. Moreover, the Scorpio is also called as a global SUV because the parts were designed in different parts of the world. Finally, after 6 years the Mahindra Scorpio lunched in India in 2002. It took almost 6 crores to make the Scorpio, which is an amazing thing for a company who had less to no experience in making these types of vehicle.
SCORPIO GENERATION 1 (2002)
- A 2.6 liter turbocharged In-line 4-cylinder engine, diesel motor which produced 106 PS (105 bhp – 78 kW) at 3600 rpm and a maximum torque of 270.0 Nm (199 lb. ft.) at 3600 rpm.
- Mahindra Scorpio featured a Renault sourced petrol engine as well.
- Won “car of the year award” by CNBC-Autocar, Business standard motoring, BBC world wheels.
SCORPIO GENERATION 1 FACE LIFT (2006)
- In 2006, the Scorpio got 43 new features which gave it a new definition.
- The induction of new features like of 5-zone cushion suspension, tower tail lights, sliding middle seat row, sporty bonnet scoop, illuminating rear spoiler, follow me home head lights, theater style interior lighting, tillable steering and sporty ski racks.
- Some of the changes the Mahindra Scorpio saw in 2006 included an update that added body colored bumpers.
SCORPIO GENERATION 2 (2009)
- The 2009 Mahindra Scorpio became the first SUV to get a fuel saving micro hybrid system, under 10 lakh segment.
- The micro hybrid engine surely did improve efficiency even though it is only marginal.
- Moreover, Scorpio included other specifications like the new 2-DIN audio system with CD, mp3, SD card, USB drive and also had dual airbags.
SCORPIO GENERATION 3 (2014)
- In 2014 Mahindra Scorpio features an all new chassis along with some major cosmetic changes.
- Projector headlamps, cruise control, sharper body dynamics and more premium features have surely lifted this SUV’s game.
- Furthermore, Scorpio got new specifications like, protector headlamp, redesigned front grille, brand new front bumper, new tail lamps, revised trendier tail gate and rare bumper.
The Scorpio has gone a little upmarket with its current generation and has also improved by a big margin compared to its competition. The Mahindra Scorpio can give up to 16 km/l mileage depending upon the model and the roadway.
Mahindra Scorpio in Nepal
In Nepal, the available models of Mahindra Scorpio are s5, s6, s7, s10 and s11. The table below shows the price of all the available Scorpios in Nepal.
|Mahindra Scorpio S5 2WD BS4 120||Rs.51.85 Lakhs|
|Mahindra Scorpio S5 4WD BS4 120||Rs.56 Lakhs|
|Mahindra Scorpio S7 2WD BS4 120||Rs.57.80 Lakhs|
|Mahindra Scorpio S11 2WD BS4 120||Rs.65.65 Lakhs|
|Mahindra Scorpio S11 4WD BS4 120||Rs.71.25 Lakhs|
|Mahindra Scorpio S11 4WD BS4 140||Rs.73.80 Lakhs|
Note: Mahindra Scorpio price list in Nepal.
The Scorpio has an old school feeling to it and that is one of the reason for it being popular among people. In Nepal, the Mahindra Scorpio is more used for the rocky roads than for the city areas.
you might also be interest in : https://automobilehive.com/uncategorized/tvs-apache-rtr-160-specification-and-price-in-nepal/